KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY, INC.
RICHARDSON-PLANO (TX) ALUMNI CHAPTER
Scholarship Opportunity – Up To $ 3,500
DO YOU KNOW OF A DESERVING HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR/COLLEGE STUDENT IN NEED OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR COLLEGE?
To assist in their college career, the Richardson-Plano Alumni Chapter awards scholarships to qualified and deserving male students who are either high school seniors or college students who have graduated from high school within the last three years. The scholarship is payable to the student in one lump sum upon verification of enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited college or university.
EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Educational scholarships in categories such as Academic, Extra Curricula, Community Service, the Arts, Kappa Leaguers are granted to deserving, qualified male students. Each student is awarded an individual scholarship up to the amount of $3,500. The scholarship is payable to the student, in one lump sum, upon verification of enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited college or university. To apply online, go to the following website: rpakappas.com/scholarship. The deadline for application submission is March 31, 2023.
If you have questions, please contact Demetrius Morgan at 850-284-0879.
- Scholarships are open to male students in the following categories:
- Senior high school students who live or attend high schools (public & private) in the North Dallas Metropolitan Area.
- Undergraduate college students who graduated within the last three years from a high school in the North Dallas Metropolitan Area.
- Membership Training Academy (MTA) students from a college sponsored by the Richardson-Plano Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi.
- Preference is given to students who require financial assistance to achieve their educational goals.
- An eligible candidate must have a 2.50 grade point average or better.
- An eligible candidate must be enrolling as a full-time student in a two or 4-year accredited college or university in the fall semester.
- Eligible students must:
- Complete the Personal Information section
- Upload an official high school transcript. Note: required for high school seniors only
- Write an essay of 250 – 350 words
- Complete a detailed listing of all extracurricular activities
- Complete the section on community service/volunteer activity summary
- Upload at least two letters of recommendation
Failure to submit all required components may result in the automatic dismissal of the scholarship application.
Once your scholarship application is submitted, please allow up to three weeks from the close of the submittal period for review. At the conclusion of the review, a representative from the Richardson/Plano Alumni Chapter will contact you regarding your status in the selection process. A reception for scholarship recipients will take place in June or July of this year, where the scholarship awards will be presented to the awardees.