KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY, INC.
RICHARDSON-PLANO (TX) ALUMNI CHAPTER
Scholarship Opportunity – Up To $ 3,500
DO YOU KNOW OF A DESERVING HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR IN NEED OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR COLLEGE?
Each year the Richardson-Plano Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi awards deserving qualified high school graduating seniors, scholarships to assist in their college career. The scholarship is payable to the student in one lump sum upon verification of enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited college or university.
EDUCATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Educational scholarships are granted each year to deserving, qualified high school students. Each student is awarded an individual scholarship up to the amount of $3,500. The scholarship is payable to the student, in one lump sum, upon verification of enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited college or university.
To apply for this scholarship you have the option to apply online using the form below or click here to download the application and follow the instructions as provided on the downloadable form. The deadline for submission of all information is March 1, 2019.
If you have questions please contact the Richardson-Plano Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Walt Ellis at 972-896-1477.
- Scholarships are open to students who live or attend high schools (public & private) in the North Texas Metropolitan Area.
- Preference is given to students who require financial assistance to achieve their educational goals and who have demonstrated excellent scholarship and exceptional involvement and service to the community.
- An eligible candidate must have a 2.50 grade point average or better.
- An eligible candidate must be a graduating high school senior.
- An eligible candidate must be enrolling as a full-time student in a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university in the fall semester.
- An eligible student must submit the following:
- Complete the Personal Information section (included in the application)
- An official high school transcript
- Standardized test scores (SAT/ACT)
- Typed essay of 250 – 350 words
- A detailed listing of all extracurricular activities and volunteer work
- At least two letters of recommendation
Failure to submit all required components may result in automatic dismissal of the scholarship application.
- All student applications are weighed as follows:
- Transcript/Test Scores: 25 %
- Extracurricular Activities/Volunteer Work: 15%
- Essay: 20%
- Interview: 15%
- Need: 25%
Once your scholarship application is submitted please allow up to three weeks from the close of the submittal period for review. At the conclusion of the review, a representative from the Richardson-Plano Alumni Chapter will contact you regarding your status in the selection process. A reception for scholarship recipients will take place in June or July of this year where the Scholarship awards will be presented to the awardees.
P.O. Box 831834
Richardson, TX 75083