Brother Steve Ellis was initiated into the University of Louisiana at Lafayette University (LA), Theta Nu Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi on March 29, 1977 (The Third Episode) and currently serves on the Richardson-Plano Guide Right Foundation Board of Directors.
Ellis is the second member of his family to become a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. following his older brother Curtis, a 1975 initiate of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette University, Theta Nu Chapter (Ecstasy, Passion, and Pain). Other notable brothers of the Southwestern Province who were vital influencers to help shape Brother Ellis’s passion for Achievement are Richard B. Millspaugh, ESQ, 17th Past Grand Polemarch (Opelousas Alumni Chapter), Dr. E.E. Allen, 21st Grand Polemarch (Shreveport Alumni Chapter), Colonel Samuel Sampson (1999 Elder Watson Diggs Awardee; San Antonio Alumni Chapter) and Donald E Grace (1993 Elder Watson Diggs Awardee; Austin Alumni.
More about Brother Ellis in his own words:
“I thank Past Grand Polemarch Dwayne Murray and Past Southwestern Province Polemarch Chuck Carr Brown for entrusting me with the design of the Southwestern Province Life Membership Pin.
“I am very proud of my commitment to ‘Training for Leadership’ by example as I attended my very first Undergraduate Leadership Conference in 1978 newly renamed for C. Rodger Wilson and plan to attend the 40th in 2018.”
Below is a composite of Brother Ellis’s body of work for Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
• Grand Chapter Achievement Commission Chairman – 2007 to 2011
• Grand Chapter Laurel Wreath Commission Member – 2004 to 2007
• Grand Chapter Publicity Committee Member – 199
• Southwestern Province Keeper of Records – 2004 -2008
• Southwestern Province Administrative Assistant North Texas – 1995 to 2004
• Richardson-Plano (TX) Alumni Polemarch – 1998-2001
• Richardson-Plano (TX) Alumni Vice Polemarch – 1996-1998
• Richardson-Plano (TX) Alumni Keeper of Records – 1995-1996
• Richardson-Plano (TX) Alumni Keeper of Exchequer – 1994
• Theta Nu Chapter (LA) Undergraduate Polemarch – 1980
• Theta Nu Chapter (LA) Undergraduate Vice Polemarch – 1979
• Theta Nu Chapter (LA) Undergraduate Keeper of Exchequer – 1978
• Theta Nu Chapter (LA) Undergraduate Keeper of Records – 1977