In recognition of National Mentoring Month (January), the National Guide Right Committee of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. has launched its annual month-long social media awareness campaign on mentoring entitled #WHYKAPPASMENTOR.
The purpose of the campaign is for members of Kappa Alpha Psi to raise awareness about the importance of mentoring. The campaign was initiated on the social media platforms of Chapters and individual Brothers who posted pictures, videos, and quotes about the importance of mentoring using the hashtag #WHYKAPPASMENTOR.
With the intent to make #WHYKAPPASMENTOR a trending topic on social media, Brothers are asked to do the following on their Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts:
• Share personal stories of why you mentor
• Explain how mentoring can transform lives
• Discuss the impact your Chapter or Chapter Brothers have by mentoring
• Have your mentees give testimonials how being mentored by Kappa’s has
impacted their lives
• Like and repost other #whykappasmentor items
• Post pictures and videos of mentoring
“I encourage every Brother and Guide Right student to participate, said Brother Kevin Burnett, National Guide Right Chairman in a statement. “With your help, we can show the world why mentoring is critical in the lives of our youth and the impact of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc.”